This is the presentation for Composing Events with RxJS an Alt.Net Melbourne Lightning Talk.
- There is also Reactive Extensions for C#.
- Reactive Extensions come from Microsoft Labs.
What is IEnumerable?
- Provides Enumerator, allows lazy evaluation
- You can implement an IEnumerable with yield and yield break.
What is Observable?
- When you foreach(..) through IEnumerable you are waiting OnNext.
- With Observable you are notified OnNext.
What is Rx
- Like Linq adds a generic common API to query, Rx attempts to add a common API to compose generic events.
- There are Select, Where, Join, Zip, Merge and many other constructs.
- Basically keeps track of events and callbacks.
- RxJs provides integration with several frameworks.
- Also provides common error handling, which I won't show.
Next (lets see some code!)